• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A whole new MEP-805B plea for help

steelcaptain

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is my situation. Got the machine from GSA Auctions and on first start this is what I have discovered.

CIM turns on and displays an oil pressure fault. Engine starts easily but no network fault light before cranking it. Fault cannot be cleared. After starting the CIM shows no voltage, frequency , oil pressure, battery charge, main contactor is open, fuel is showing 107%, battle short is shown as closed even though toggle is off. The little red heart on the bottom right is there and flashing. Basically the CIM is showing nada for data. Can move the mouse but cannot make any changes on the screen with it.

Inside, there is dc power at the various control modules but there is NO flashing heartbeat LED on the I/O module. Checked and cleaned ribbon plugs P20 & 27 but no change. All other internal wiring appears fully intact, tight and connections are free of corrosion.

So as far as my reading the TM, this is all pointing to a failed I/O but is it definitely that or could it be something else? How does a person confirm a bad I/O without special test equipment or to swap in a known good one? If I am forced to assume it is failed, are replacements available and if so, at what cost? I can get what I paid for the machine just from selling the diesel and the trailer as well as all the other parts but I really would rather get this working however, I am forever through with these computer controlled gensets. They are too complex for this old timey guy.

Thanks in advance for the lifering you throw to me.

Last edited:

steelcaptain

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As an update, there is a guaranteed TCM-100 I/O module on eBay for $450 which I will likely need to get but still hoping there might be some tests I can do to confirm that it definitely my I/O module is in fact bad? Anybody there to help?

steelcaptain

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Made an offer for the one on eBay which the seller accepted so will be getting a replacement regardless if I need it or not but still would like to know if I can determine if the one in the genset is really bad?

Guyfang

Staff member
Here is my situation. Got the machine from GSA Auctions and on first start this is what I have discovered.

CIM turns on and displays an oil pressure fault. Engine starts easily but no network fault light before cranking it. Fault cannot be cleared. After starting the CIM shows no voltage, frequency , oil pressure, battery charge, main contactor is open, fuel is showing 107%, battle short is shown as closed even though toggle is off. The little red heart on the bottom right is there and flashing. Basically the CIM is showing nada for data. Can move the mouse but cannot make any changes on the screen with it.

Inside, there is dc power at the various control modules but there is NO flashing heartbeat LED on the I/O module. (No heartbeat, no good. Dosent mean thats the only problem) Checked and cleaned ribbon plugs P20 & 27 but no change. All other internal wiring appears fully intact, tight and connections are free of corrosion.

So as far as my reading the TM, this is all pointing to a failed I/O but is it definitely that or could it be something else? How does a person confirm a bad I/O without special test equipment (There is no special equipment) or to swap in a known good one? (That is the military method of troubleshoots this problem. Swap) If I am forced to assume it is failed, are replacements available and if so, at what cost? I can get what I paid for the machine just from selling the diesel and the trailer as well as all the other parts but I really would rather get this working however, I am forever through with these computer controlled gensets. They are too complex for this old times guy.

Thanks in advance for the lifering you throw to me.

steelcaptain

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So my primary question is if there is no flashing "heartbeat" LED on the I/O module, why is there a red heart symbol flashing on the lower right of the CIM? Regarding getting a good replacement I/O module to verify if mine if in fact bad, I have already gotten one coming. Frankly, I was surprised at availability and how reasonable the cost was. I was really thinking I was looking at dropping more than ten C notes for one.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks