• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A0 Cab air bag system

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I was replacing an air bag today as we knew it had a leak. I also noticed on the back side of the control box there also appeared to be a leak. Upon further inspection, air was escaping from what I later found to be a small breather valve. So new airbag installed, air up the system and it works great, no leaks from the airbag. The breather valve continues to leak (more on this in a bit), but cab suspension inflates and stays inflated. Test drive and what a world of a difference having working cab air bag system. When we get back, we shut the truck off and the cab stays up and the air vent on the back of the control box does not appear to be leaking air. Turn the cab airbag control knob off and the air vent begins to leak. We turn the power back on in the truck and air pressure still steady at 120. Turn the cab air bag system back on and fills the airbags, but that breather valve starts leaking again. Should this breather valve be constantly leaking air when the system is on? My concern is this. Assuming the system has a one-way valve and airs up but closes when the cab air bags are full, should the air vent still be letting air out?

New to the trucks and learning as I go. I have been reading the TM's as best I can as I go but haven't found anything yet about that valve as we had not noticed this before when assessing the cab airbag lines for leaks. Thanks in advance for all of your advice and comments.

Ronmar

On the back of the hydraulic valve assembly? Thats a vent, and if it is leaking air when the cab suspension air control is on, then you have a leak in that cab air control pushbutton valve. When you turn off the cab air, it closes off the supply air and vents the cab suspension side to atmosphere so the cab suspension completely deflates. there is an extra check valve up on one of the bags and a line back around the height control valve that allows air from the bags to flow back from the bags to that vent after the height control has closed to allow them to fully deflate…

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the back of the hydraulic valve assembly? Thats a vent, and if it is leaking air when the cab suspension air control is on, then you have a leak in that cab air control pushbutton valve. When you turn off the cab air, it closes off the supply air and vents the cab suspension side to atmosphere so the cab suspension completely deflates. there is an extra check valve up on one of the bags and a line back around the height control valve that allows air from the bags to flow back from the bags to that vent after the height control has closed to allow them to fully deflate…
Ronmar......that totally makes sense now. So, I need to pull the cab air bag valve actuator out and rebuild it (o-rings) as it is leaking in there and venting out the breather valve on the back. Thank you. I will dive in the TM tonight. Thank you.

RRaulston

So I was replacing an air bag today as we knew it had a leak. I also noticed on the back side of the control box there also appeared to be a leak. Upon further inspection, air was escaping from what I later found to be a small breather valve. So new airbag installed, air up the system and it works great, no leaks from the airbag. The breather valve continues to leak (more on this in a bit), but cab suspension inflates and stays inflated. Test drive and what a world of a difference having working cab air bag system. When we get back, we shut the truck off and the cab stays up and the air vent on the back of the control box does not appear to be leaking air. Turn the cab airbag control knob off and the air vent begins to leak. We turn the power back on in the truck and air pressure still steady at 120. Turn the cab air bag system back on and fills the airbags, but that breather valve starts leaking again. Should this breather valve be constantly leaking air when the system is on? My concern is this. Assuming the system has a one-way valve and airs up but closes when the cab air bags are full, should the air vent still be letting air out?

New to the trucks and learning as I go. I have been reading the TM's as best I can as I go but haven't found anything yet about that valve as we had not noticed this before when assessing the cab airbag lines for leaks. Thanks in advance for all of your advice and comments.
Where did you get a replacement bag??

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today I dragged out the O-ring boxes and found three for the actuator valve. Replaced them and reinserted the valve. Fired up the truck to refill the air tanks and gave the cab air bag actuator a push and turn. Air bags filled. Checked the breather valve on the back......no more air leaks!!! Shut the truck off. Still no leaks. Released the cab air bag actuator and sure enough, the breather valve released the air in the cab airbag system. Once bags deflated and lines where empty, no more air from the breather valve. This may be the easiest fix on the truck. Thanks Ronmar!

tgreening

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today I dragged out the O-ring boxes and found three for the actuator valve. Replaced them and reinserted the valve. Fired up the truck to refill the air tanks and gave the cab air bag actuator a push and turn. Air bags filled. Checked the breather valve on the back......no more air leaks!!! Shut the truck off. Still no leaks. Released the cab air bag actuator and sure enough, the breather valve released the air in the cab airbag system. Once bags deflated and lines where empty, no more air from the breather valve. This may be the easiest fix on the truck. Thanks Ronmar!
Uhmm, pics or it didn’t happen? 😁

coachgeo

will only work for those who are in that group where you posted the video, so it is not viewable to many in here...... or if it is on your personal page..... the setting apparently is presently set for viewing to be for friends only or some restriction like that.... cause when clicking on link facebook says video is not accessible.

Youtube and a link to it is your best bet. Make sure to publish it as viewable by public.

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
will only work for those who are in that group..... or if it is on your page..... the setting must presently be for friends only cause facebook says video not accessible. Youtube and a link to it is your best bet. Make sure to publish it as viewable by public.
Okay...I went to my FB page and made it viewable for everyone. If that doesnt work, Youtube it is

Facebook

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You would have to be Facebook member to view it. A lot of SS members, like me are not on Facebook.

Third From Texas

You would have to be Facebook member to view it. A lot of SS members, like me are not on Facebook.
A lot of folks have turned away from YouTube for the same reasons as they left FB.

Rumble is the new normal for videos.

;)

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A lot of folks have turned away from YouTube for the same reasons as they left FB.

Rumble is the new normal for videos.

;)
Good to know! Went there and looks like it will be my new video platform! Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks