• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A0 winch install on an A1

ramdough

All, I am mostly done on an A0 winch transplant into an A1. Both 1083. A year 1997 to a 1999.

Opened up the top of heater unit and can’t see the accessory harness anywhere. Are they hidden deep in there under the feet heater hose, or are they only installed on some trucks.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
There should be a plug that the accessory harness plugs into. I think it’s on the power panel side. Tractors with the switch box on dash usually have the harness. A1 harness may be a bit different though. There should be a connection that ups rpms when the pto engages.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have to unbolt the whole heater box and move it toward the rear of the truck several inches (make sure to rotate, unlock, and remove the heater air duct hoses on both sides first). The connector you're looking for is pretty much directly in the center, way deep down (floor level) against the front skin of the truck. It's white.

EDIT: Ah ha! I thought I took a picture, figuring someone would ask someday. I had asked several times before going looking for it, and never got a straight answer. It's harder to reach than it looks.

WinchWiringHarnessLocation-1.jpgWinchWiringHarnessLocation-2.jpg

Last edited:

ramdough

There should be a plug that the accessory harness plugs into. I think it’s on the power panel side. Tractors with the switch box on dash usually have the harness. A1 harness may be a bit different though. There should be a connection that ups rpms when the pto engages.
That is good info. [mention]fuzzytoaster [/mention] and I were discussing this earlier today.

Do you know where the connector is relative to the truck?

I have redlined the winch schematic PDF’s for both A0 and A1 but they are too big to upload due to forum limits. If someone is able to upload them with the markups, I would be happy to share.

Thanks!

ramdough

You have to unbolt the whole heater box and move it toward the rear of the truck several inches (make sure to rotate, unlock, and remove the heater air duct hoses on both sides first). The connector you're looking for is pretty much directly in the center, way deep down (floor level) against the front skin of the truck. It's white.

EDIT: Ah ha! I thought I took a picture, figuring someone would ask someday. I had asked several times before going looking for it, and never got a straight answer. It's harder to reach than it looks.

View attachment 799736View attachment 799737
Wow, that is great help! I think you posted while I was writing my last post.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks