• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A1R M1078 rear track bar setup is???

coachgeo

Have not had chance to work on my track bar relocate in over a month. We got bracket plans but not yet at a point of no return on the brackets. Someone mentioned a FMTV expedition truck with a different track bar setup so it got me wondering what they might have done on it thus..... digging into alternatives deeper.

on the A1r with high pinion rear axle... do they utilize a track bar set up similar to one of the axles on the 6x6 or did they stick with the set up from previous iterations of the LMTV?

anyone know...... better yet got a picture or two?

or a pic of the Global Expedition LMTV with air bags..... track bar setup. Been told it was converted somehow to a different track bar setup.

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Have not had chance to work on my track bar relocate in over a month. We got bracket plans but not yet at a point of no return on the brackets. Someone mentioned a FMTV expedition truck with a different track bar setup so it got me wondering what they might have done on it thus..... digging into alternatives deeper.

on the A1r with high pinion rear axle... do they utilize a track bar set up similar to one of the axles on the 6x6 or did they stick with the set up from previous iterations of the LMTV?

anyone know...... better yet got a picture or two?

or a pic of the Global Expedition LMTV with air bags..... track bar setup. Been told it was converted somehow to a different track bar setup.
Off an A1 with the upgraded rear end

Also a pic air bag added on to the rear of the 1078.

Attachments

coachgeo

Off an A1 with the upgraded rear end

Also a pic air bag added on to the rear of the 1078.
thanks..... first pics seems to show they stuck with the same trackbar set up as low pinion version. found in pics of one sold 2008 LMTV on GovPlanet with similar partial pic to yours and that seems to confirm this.

soooooooo if it is the one on the LMTV Expedition truck with air bags.. must be total custom.... hmm... wonder what they did..... hmmm? ORRR.... the person who saw it confused it with a Steyr and they do have a total different trackbar setup.

Ps. PMed ya about another topic

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks