• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A2 5ton door rod?

Mos68x

IMG_7447.jpg

Im trying to find what used the door in place and prevent it from hitting the mirror. I found Fig 362 in TM 9-2320-272-24P-2, looks like it's possible that item #27 is the rod in the picture, but it doesn't show anything for the chassis side. If anyone can take a pic of of this area on theirs I'd appreciate it. I still have the rivets there so I'm just not sure what is supposed to be there. I don't think it matters between the A0/1/2 since that would most likely be something that would've stayed the same.

IMG_7452.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Its juat a lil rod with 2 eyelits one hooked to the door and a cotter pin on the opposite side to prevent the pull thru. You may want to add a washer on the inner side. you can access it thru the air vent

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The rod goes in through the side vent from the outside of the cab. There is also a rubber bumper that goes on the rod to cushion it. The door end attaches with a cotter pin. Pictures from Ebay.

Screenshot_2017-05-28-23-56-24.jpg

Screenshot_2017-05-28-23-56-55.jpg

Mos68x

Ok, so is there one that is hard mounted to the door? I tugged on the eyelet looking thing but it didn't move, granted I didn't pull hard I just assumed that it was really stiff and went into the door. Does the rod actually move into the vent area when the door is closed then?

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, the rod goes into the vent area with the door closed. Everything on your door is correct and the rod attaches to the door with a cotter pin. You just need a rod, cushion and most likely a washer or two like Simp suggested.

Mos68x

Ok, thanks. I'll look up the PNs again and do a search then. I'm tired of opening the doors and having to readjust my mirrors every time.

Csm Davis

Also the mirror frame should be straight out from the side of the truck and the mirror then adjusted, not as you will see on many trucks the frame angled back as it will still hit the door.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks