• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A2 and A3 brake cable lengths the same?

Sierra51

Before anyone hits the "use the search" button....I have looked to the best of my ability to no avail....I have a slightly modified M101A2 I use for work....I also have an A3 axle and the upgraded HD spring packs along with the HMMV rims/tires that I intend to swap under the A2....the A3 brake cables were cut apx 12" from the backing plates prior to purchase....so I need to know if I can use the A2 cables somehow or if I will need to dig up some cables that are A3 specific due to length differences....thanks, Paul

PS: I will be in the market for a couple of additional A3 axles (complete) sometime after the first of the year....so let me know if anyone has any laying around the shop or yard after you did an axle swap....

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PS: I will be in the market for a couple of additional A3 axles (complete) sometime after the first of the year....so let me know if anyone has any laying around the shop or yard after you did an axle swap....
Try Timtrucks, he had an A3 axle he was trying to get rid of.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you look at the -P TM to see if they use different cables?

Sierra51

Did you look at the -P TM to see if they use different cables?
I looked in the TM Section for trailer TM (&P) and when I clicked on the title for the 101 trailers I got "waiting for test.steelsoldiers.com"....and waited and waited and waited....now even with me being a neanderthal in regard to computer stuff I didn't think it was going to connect....and it didn't....so when all else fails and in the absence of orders, I took the initiative and asked the question outright....so in regard to your question above....this old Ranger did attempt to research before I sought a human response....thanks, Paul

(Try Timtrucks, he had an A3 axle he was trying to get rid of.)

Thank you, I will....

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One more reason to keep all the Tms on your own computer!

Sometimes simple google searches work, to find the Tms free to download off the internet.

I was not implying anything other than, the info may be found in the TMs.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just looked at my TM, and I do not see a different cable listed for the A3.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tm9-2330-202-14p
Fig. 6 says :
11686101, 69" long...used on A2, A3, quantity 1
15641501, 74" long...used on A3 only, quantity 1

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My manual is dated May 1997.

I do not have that info in it!

What year is your TM?

Thanks for the correct info.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks