• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A2 axle flip??

dionmtn

A pro is, lower center of gravity, thereby huggin the road better. It is also easier about loading (usually).

A con is,,,they can be a bitch about getting in and out for fuel or on uneven surfaces. The tail will drag much easier, causing scraping when you leave an elevated fuel station. Cuts grooves in asphalt,,,not too bad on you, but pisses off the owner. I have even gotten "hung up" a couple of times in my life with too low of a trailer.

Basically, I prefer a "normal" height for all around performance.:driver:

MIhunter

If your going to keep the stock axle I would just go to a smaller tire. I am in the works of building a hunting trailer rig out of an M101A1., I canned the stock axle and tires. The OEM tires were close to 36in. I end up getting 265/75/16E BFG's and they are 31.7in. It dropped it low enough where it becane easier to load for my purpose.

bucksnort59

The idea is to get the trailer to sit lower. Looking at it again there doesn't appear to buy enough room to put the axle over the springs. The 235/85 tires are 31.7" tall. I have some 265/70's that are 30.6" which would drop 1/2". I'd like to get it 3-4" lower. Any tire combo that could do this? switch to a 15" tire/rim?