• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A2 brake pedal swtch

erasedhammer

Installed my A2 brake pedal switch today but the stroke of the pedal doesn't activate the switch. It appears that the switch only activates when it's half way through its total stroke but the actual pedal doesn't ever make it this far.

I'm not sure what to do about this besides shortening the linkage.

Action

the 4 mounting holes on the switch are slots for sliding the switch front to rear. try moving it closer to the seat. I dont know if you need the a2 pedal.

TedG

Need a2 pedal and a2 link. You may get away with old pedal but it is your brake lights and tc disconnect that you are dealing with. Getting rear ended and a burnt up tc are not fun.

erasedhammer

Need a2 pedal and a2 link. You may get away with old pedal but it is your brake lights and tc disconnect that you are dealing with. Getting rear ended and a burnt up tc are not fun.
By TC do you mean torque converter? And what's different about the a2 pedal?

Also when it's all hooked up, and I press on the pedal, the lights come on, but when I release they turn off but then come back on. It takes some willing to make the lights turn off. Would an a2 pedal solve this?

erasedhammer

I just looked at the manual and it looks like the a2 pedal requires a complete overhaul of the panels on the cowl to mount the pedal. I think there is an easier solution than doing unessesary work

Augi

The A2 pedal looks way different, but the hole for the linkage for the brake light switch is in the same location in space so you'll do a lot of work for nothing. I don't know why they redesigned it. Maybe to make it cheaper?

Try lengthening the slots to move the switch around. Or maybe you have the wrong link.

Here's some more info:
http://g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=206078&p=1296294&hilit=A2+brake

Augi

Last edited:

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The old pedal works fine, the new pedal is centered differently...I compared them one day and found IIRC, the radious is different as well as where the pedal itself is, in the holes are all the same.

erasedhammer

Solved the problem
I secured the linkage at both ends with the clips and then adjusted the switch itself in its slot until the alignment was just right.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks