• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A2 fuel tank question

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It gets a threaded pipe plug....same plug as what's on your differential.
from the factory they have a plug and then RTV squeezed all over it for good measure.

cook6657

I'm going through the same process now of replacing my fuel tank. I have it installed now, but I could not get the baffle system to fit inside. Do I just discard those parts? It is a 95 HMMWV that had the older style tank and now it has the newer A2 style.

Action

I'm going through the same process now of replacing my fuel tank. I have it installed now, but I could not get the baffle system to fit inside. Do I just discard those parts? It is a 95 HMMWV that had the older style tank and now it has the newer A2 style.
By "baffle", do you mean the big plastic pieces? If so, they are part of the tank. Sometimes they disconnect from the older tanks and flop around.
I think the H1 has a rollover valve in yhat hole, but thr humvee doesn't use it.

bcheval

Any updates on the A2 tank I am about to change mine out. I have dropped my original tank twice already and cannot get it to stop leaking from the top. I have replaced the gasket and used Permatex gasket sealer (For Fuel) from auto zone with no luck. The bolted edge of the plastic tank where the sending unit drops in is warped. So! I have had enough, changing the complete tank. Will I need to cut new vent lines or will the originals fit? Any clearance problems with the A2 tank and the NP-218 transfer case? and last does anyone know where I can find a new guard/shield for the side of the tank? Its the one the protects the tank from the prop shaft. my original tank does not have one.
TY
E

Hummermark

Hi i removed the older fuel tank part number 12338588 which is for the drive line park brake,but the humvee has been reworked and the drive line park brake disk has been completely removed ,
The park brakes are now combined in with the service brake calipers .
It has also been fitted with the newer np 242 transfer case with the tc/lock light by the transmission shifter,
The transmission is the older original 3 speed.
Will the newer part number 12460105 fuel tank fit ok as this tank is a lot cheaper and obviously I do not need park brake disk clearance.

DREDnot

I replace my original A0 tank with an A2. It fit just fine. My three speed truck still had the original NP218 Transfer case, but that shouldnt be an issue as the A2s usually have the 242 anyhow.

FYI you dont reuse the 2 metal baffles out of the A0 tank. That plastic basket in the bottom of the A2 tank serves the same purpose.

All the A0 fittings fit in the A2 tank otherwise. That odd top hole gets the Threaded plug as was mentioned earlier.

DSCN0738.JPG

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Old thread, answered my question about the A-1 baffle, but what if any sealer are you guys using, I will be installing a new A-2 tank with a new gasket.
And who has the fuel tank skid plate for sale?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Put a parts wanted ad up. I found mine from a fellow member. Pretty straight forward if you wanted to make your own. Just one hole access and cut outs for the straps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks