• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A2 Grounding question?

JetbikeAnt

Hello All. Do the A2 trucks suffer from the same grounding issues as the early Trucks or was this resolved on the later Models? Thank you!

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, and the only ground issues are due to the first auction trucks from 99 that were all USMC trucks.
The issues were salt water exposure, PCB’s that were garbage and not ground fault intolerant, poor long term
storage preparation.
The A2 trucks that you see now from reset and 10yrs of storage in Yermo are literally MINT.
Almost every connection is covered in silicon now.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
No, and the only ground issues are due to the first auction trucks from 99 that were all USMC trucks.
The issues were salt water exposure, PCB’s that were garbage and not ground fault intolerant, poor long term
storage preparation.
The A2 trucks that you see now from reset and 10yrs of storage in Yermo are literally MINT.
Almost every connection is covered in silicon now.
I admire your wealth of knowledge, and every truck has its own set of problems, but honestly I think every HMMWV can benefit from ground harness upgrades for the cheap price of a supplemental harness. My A2 truck had severe grounding issues despite being an Albany reset in ‘08 that were quickly fixed with the harness, despite being almost completely rust/corrosion free. I had blown headlights, glow plug failure, poor charging issues, and gauge failure related to the issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I admire your wealth of knowledge, and every truck has its own set of problems, but honestly I think every HMMWV can benefit from ground harness upgrades for the cheap price of a supplemental harness. My A2 truck had severe grounding issues despite being an Albany reset in ‘08 that were quickly fixed with the harness, despite being almost completely rust/corrosion free. I had blown headlights, glow plug failure, poor charging issues, and gauge failure related to the issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its your truck, do as you wish, just understand that your issues are still alive and well, they can and will ultimately rear there ugly heads when the actual cause unmasks itself later in life, meaning....your ground harness fix is a symptom, not a cure. I’ve used ground harnesses as part of troubleshooting, proving that the issue is in fact ground related.
about 50% of the time, the engine harness is the issue, the remainder being poor PCB’s and defective start boxs.
I receive a truck or 2 a week...once I’ve gone through it, I have never sent one out with a ground harness.
This is just the path I choose to take, a supplemental ground harness by itself will not harm anything, that is, unless your masking a bigger issue.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks