• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A2 lock ring rim tire machine?

SEAFIRE

Our Mechanic picked up this tire machine at the DRMO/Texas Facilities Commission Yard in San Antonio for $1,000, it looks brand new.

Anyway, he says it a breeze to mount tires on the M35/A1/A2 rims with this machine, he puts the tire with tube in it on the rim, sets the lock ring against the rim, spins the rim slowly while the little metal wheel rolls the lock ring on, I never knew such a machine existed..

Will make changing tires on these rims a lot easier :D

Attachments

hoop

I use a #2 Hand Sledge.....It takes about 45 seconds in 30/40 degree temps.
Oh, cost me $2.
I bet that machine is a Bead Breaker also.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's exactly the same type (forgot the brand) they have here at our local tire shop. No more tire irons, or (classic) wedge & sledge hammer = no damage to rims and beads, no sweat...!
They do truck and tractor tires all day long and have had this machine for many years now.

BTW: those are MPT tires, right? Better have the bead area inspected carefully....!

G.

SEAFIRE

BTW: those are MPT tires, right? Better have the bead area inspected carefully....!
We get these tires like new from Gensco in Houston for $125 each, 12.5 x 20 made by Continetal in Austria.

Never had a bead problem yet, we don't run the lock ring rims on the front, we use a one-piece rim from Boyce Equipment.

SEAFIRE

I use a #2 Hand Sledge.....It takes about 45 seconds in 30/40 degree temps.
Oh, cost me $2.
I bet that machine is a Bead Breaker also.
The machine will be used for the County equipment as well. We didn't have to foot the whole bill. Our VFD mechanic is also the local County equipment mechanic and they do tires all the time.

Supposedly these machines cost over $10k brand new, this one had a sticker that said the govt valued it at $11k.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never had a bead problem yet, we don't run the lock ring rims on the front, we use a one-piece rim from Boyce Equipment.
Glad to hear that - most likely it is the correct size, 20x11 MPT rim.

Always bear in mind... that industrial 20" wheels like the A2's, have a bead flange that is too tall for the MPT tire. Also, diameters d₁and d₂are slightly larger than the MPT's.

(diagram, attached...)

G.

Attachments

deuceman51

Bishman 931A. That is what we use at my guard shop. Pretty nice machine too. I have one brand new in the crate, but i'm missing the wheel and some of the tire dies. If anybody knows of any around for parts, let me know. They work great for deuce and 5 ton tires.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks