• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A2 vs A3 cab

man2112

Hello,

As with a lot of people nowadays, i'm planning on jumping on to this dual-cab bandwagon. I plan on using an A3 to do the conversion to, but I am wondering whether or not the A2 and A3 cabs are the same width and such so that I wouldn't have to go hunting around of an A3 cab specifically.

Any info?

Thanks!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A3 front end sheet metal is different because the CAT power upgrade (such as it is). (Hood split)

man2112

thank you all! As far as using an A2 cab to mount with an A3 cab in order to make a dual cab, it sounds like it should work. The dimensions were what I was worried about, but it sounds like that wont be an issue. Thanks y'all!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A3 cabs are dimensionally the same as a A2 cab. There may be some upgrades here and there like rustproofing and extra braces (I've seen A2 cabs with rustproofing) but they are the same shape and dimensions. Doors, windshields, tops, and such can be swapped between the two.

man2112

A3 cabs are dimensionally the same as a A2 cab. There may be some upgrades here and there like rustproofing and extra braces (I've seen A2 cabs with rustproofing) but they are the same shape and dimensions. Doors, windshields, tops, and such can be swapped between the two.
Thank you!

Cycletek

It just means it will be a bit more stiffer in the back when you cut it all up, to take out the narrowing at the front, so it will match up with the back of the other cab......:D

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is another alternative! The front of a 939 series cab is super close to the same width as the rear of the M35A3 cab. Using this may be easier than squaring up the sides and stretching the width of the nose of the back cab. It will also give you a wider rear seat. Some careful grafting and you can join hardtops from the deuce and 939 series. I've not seen one done yet but it seems like a win win situation.

man2112

There is another alternative! The front of a 939 series cab is super close to the same width as the rear of the M35A3 cab. Using this may be easier than squaring up the sides and stretching the width of the nose of the back cab. It will also give you a wider rear seat. Some careful grafting and you can join hardtops from the deuce and 939 series. I've not seen one done yet but it seems like a win win situation.
That would be interesting, but I wonder what the back end of the cab would look like, with it being super wide.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I had the exact M939 cab dimensions (top view) I could easily "integrate" both drawings....

All I know is that the outer WS frame is 11" wider. That would be about 73.5", vs. 62.5" for the M44 series.
Not clear yet how to "mate" that dimension with the m35's cab tub which measures 69.75" at its widest point.

G.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I had the exact M939 cab dimensions (top view) I could easily "integrate" both drawings....

All I know is that the outer WS frame is 11" wider. That would be about 73.5", vs. 62.5" for the M44 series.
Not clear yet how to "mate" that dimension with the m35's cab tub which measures 69.75" at its widest point.

G.
Distance! Put a long straight edge on the M35 doors projecting to the rear. Slide the 939 cab in until it aligns with the straight edge. I haven't a clue how to do this on paper. If I could scare up a 939 cab, I would send it to you for plotting the drawing. One thing that comes to mind, there is about 8" (guessing) in front of the windshield frame. Should get narrower out there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks