• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A3/A2 front end swap??????

autigers35a3

A3 front end swap with A2 front end?

Seaching the posts... Had to ask... Thoughts on replacing A3 front end with A2 front end. Price of the bearings etc. has me thinking about using a good A2 front end.
Thoughts...Do's...Dont's etc... Anyone done it?
Thanks...

greg burns

Memphis Equipment sells kits to convert A3 axles to A2. They seem relatively pricey. The front axle kit is $675. Each rear axle kit is $275. I don't know if they would do what you're wanting to do.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Has no-one simply swapped in the standard deuce bearings and just plugged the CTIS? I have yet to work on an A3 axle so I don't know the validity of that swap.

autigers35a3

Helping a friend change out the front axle of his A3 to a A2 front axle.
Hints...Tips...Do's and dont's????
Some seem to be confussed by my question. Sorry for that.

Thanks...
Heading to the search !!!

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

Another front end swap thread? Why not add on to the other one you started? Seems like there is plenty of room in that one.

Are you swapping axles or axle parts?

gimpyrobb

Your just gonna make someone's search THAT much more frustrating in the future. Just looking out for other members.

Most of your posts are questions you ask before searching(according to your posts) that could be answered with a quick search. I don't want to rag on you, just pointing out that some of the clutter does not help anyone searching for info.

Had you answered my question, maybe I could offer some help.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/south-...-drive-14hrs-ga-sure-let-me-do-some-pmcs.html

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your just gonna make someone's search THAT much more frustrating in the future. Just looking out for other members.

Most of your posts are questions you ask before searching(according to your posts) that could be answered with a quick search. I don't want to rag on you, just pointing out that some of the clutter does not help anyone searching for info.

Had you answered my question, maybe I could offer some help.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/south-...-drive-14hrs-ga-sure-let-me-do-some-pmcs.html
Who bothers to search , it's easier just to post up a new thread.