• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A3 deuce rims

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I was prowling around a private junk yard today and I happened across some deuce A3 rims.
The owner was not there but I have his number and left a mesage that I was interested in some tires he has.
Are these tubeless rims if you use the radial 12.5x20?
What would be a fair price per rim. They are primer grey so I assume that they have never been used or used very little. I don't want to insult the guy but I don't want to break the bank either.

He has a butt load of tires to include 12.5x20, 1600R20 and 36x250 16.5 TL.
A lot of them are brand new, some are mounted on rims, some are used with varing amounts of tread left.

I didn't have the digital camera with me so don't start with the nopics .

If anyone else is interested in tires or rims I'll go back with the camera and shoot some pics if the guy dosen't mind.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
wreckerman893 said:
Are these tubeless rims if you use the radial 12.5x20?
Yes Sir, TL by design! (but only if you seal both halves with the corresponding O-ring or sealant they will hold air!)
Actually the A3 uses 14.5R20 TL MPT tires but these 11x20" wheels are also specified for the 12.5R20.

Attachments

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Vinny, the 11x20" A3 wheels are for the special MPT style tires like 12.5R20 and 14.5R20.
If you want to mount those 16.00x20s, they should go on std. industrial 10x20" rims with much higher bead flanges.
I'm not saying that 16.00x20s can't be mounted on A3 wheels, but it just doesn't look right since they leave about one inch of the tire bead exposed.
Also keep in mind that the backspacing of the A3 wheel is 10.5" like the std. M35 wheels. To run those large tires on a deuce without interference to the steering drag link, backspace should be 8" or less.

See attached drawing for bead section comparison.
G.

Attachments

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

spicergear

I put a set of A3 wheels on the front of my crane truck so I could, A: run a tire to take the added weight...and B: have a wider, meatier tire and that super single look. I ran 12.5R 20 Continental MPT's which are the same height as the stock 900x20's so they're even with the back.