• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A3 Tires (14.50) on an A2 Truck

JimmyThompson

I'm looking to get seven A3 "Super Single" tires (14.50 r20) to put on my M109a3 that currently has the standard tires on it now. Do these just bolt right up or is a hub flip required/mandatory for the rear axle?

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As Welldigger said, you will need to flip the hubs. The 14.5 X R20 tires are getting in short supply these days. Are you sure you want to go that route? You may want to look at 395s instead of the A3 tires.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Can you be sure the tires didn't sit flat?

The tires will destroy themselves if they have! Sitting flat, which happens on most A3 trucks, breaks the belts in the tires.

I would shy away from any A3 tires that are not new.

welldigger

I just picked up 7 395's in the 70-80% range for $1260. I picked them up in Hooks TX from a tire dealer there. They will also ship via freight. Don't know how much that would be though. PM me and I can give you the guys #.

Edit: I see your in Georgia. Take a look at www.militaryoffroadtires.net. You may can even do local pick up. That will save you a bunch.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
No matter what you do, I would make sure I inspected the tires before you buy them, unless they are NEW. This is one area where things are VERY subjective and "grey areas" abound.

welldigger

No matter what you do, I would make sure I inspected the tires before you buy them, unless they are NEW. This is one area where things are VERY subjective and "grey areas" abound.
Ditto. Though, a dealer ,I won't specify, sold a buddy of mine a "new" 14.00-20 xzl and it had a gouge in the bead. To be fair it looked new other than this defect. The tire is holding air for now at least.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The two tires are different. The 14.5 X R20 is no longer manufactured as far as I know. It is no longer listed by Michelin as a product.

Ford Mechanic

Thanks, I came across some one who had a couple, just wanted to know the sizes before I went and looked at them.

I found the info I was looking for after searching more, so I'll post it here in case someone else runs into the question

14.5r20=43in
395/85r20=46in

http://www.militarytires.com/

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks