• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A3 tires and wheels in the front and 9x20s in back

jrobinson5093

Would there be a problem with having stock m35a3 tires and wheels in the front and 9x 20s in the back. I have a airshift transfer case and the way I figure it as long as I dont engauge it on hard ground I should be ok. I would eventually like to put 11x20s in the back but right now I would like to get rid of the skinnys up front.

chvss65

I think you may be correct,, if the case was engaged on hard ground the whole transfer case will "wind up" and be so torqued that even backing up wouldn't relief the pressure on the gears
this was common in older jeeps, my father owned a jeep dealership and worked on a bunch or surplus and 40-70's models,,

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The tires. They will fit, but are a tad thin. Maybe someone with that rim/tire combo will post pics.

DUECE-COUPE

the 14.50 20's are taller than the 900x20's, and when you engage the front axle, your axles will fight one another. best to wait and get the 1100x20s and then do a re-tire of the whole truck.

thehaas

i had a set 11.00 20 given to me i like the dual look only mounted two rear tires tires seemed close to axle pivot in between tires.was wondering if it will be ok or just eliminate duals run single 11,20

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks