• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A3 tranny shift???

autigers35a3

How does your tranny shift? Feather the thortle into 4th gear?
Hold throtle down and make it shift?
What is normal shifting of the Allison?

Going to the search befoe getting blasted for asking!!!

Thanks..

Monkeyboyarmy

Double check your fluid level. When it gets low, 4th gear starts to slip. Oh yeah....before that, make sure the breather on top of the transmission is clear. It is a 1/4 inch black plastic tube. Remove the flare nut and tube and see if air pressure comes out.

AceHigh

I read your question and took the old girl out for a spin to see what I noticed. My opinion is on mine if your were deaf and could not hear the engine you would not know when it shifted. The tach gives it away as does the noise but not the feel.

camp9

I use to notice it until I put the 935 tires on, now it dosen't shift as hard, lot of times glides into gear. I run 15x-40. One thing to remember is your empty I'm guessing. If you were to put a load on it you wouldn't even feel or hear it. I usually put it to the floor until I get to the speed I want. Don't worry about getting blasted either, some guys don't realize there are 26 different ways people learn :razz:

Last edited:

flyxpl

Mine shifts into 4 smooth , but seems to require throttle to get it to shift . Without pushing on the throttle it will stay in third .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks