• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A3 wheels

number9

A3 wheels - or M105A3 wheels

Where to look to find a set of A3 wheels? I'd like to single my Deuce out when I get her ready for the road. I don't want to single with the stock wheels, think it looks like crap on a stick. I like the front track width of the OD Iron wheels the best of the ones I've seen - sit under the fenders or closest to it verses hanging out from under them - and also like the rear track width and the rear hubs not flipped.

I've seen some pics of guys with A3 wheels, but where can you get them?

Also, for curiosity sake, how wide are the stock Deuce wheels?

**EDITED - my post.

I found the stock wheel width in the attached pic from another post.

That got me to thinking. I have 8 wheels for a M105A3 trailer. Just went out in the garage and checked and they are 7.5" wide as well, but they have little offset. I will pull one down from the stack and take some measurements to get offset / backspacing #'s in a little while and post up results. Has anyone ever used these on a Deuce?

I haven't seen a Deuce wheel without the tire to see what the lip looks like and how tall it is. These wheels don't look to have a huge lip on them. Maybe its the same as a Deuce wheel, I don't know.

Just thinking that with the offset these wheels have, and if a larger tire - 11.00 or 395 would mount up okay on them, they may not look so bad singled out on the rear with the hubs in stock position as the offset of the wheel would split the difference in position of the inner and outer stock dual wheels.

Attachments

Last edited:

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I just had more HEMTT wheel adapter plates made. In fact i had a lot made to cut costs. I learned this when making the first batch. These are a second generation plate. Schedule 50 steel, 3/8" and best of all they are only 160 per plate. I also have wheels that have been cut out, if you need them. This is a much cheaper route than looking for A3 wheels.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yeah, ODI rims are cheaper than A3 rims. Thats why guys are moddong hemtt rims and using stock stuff. YOu can buy a whole truck for the price of rims alone. Good luck.

number9

Yeah I know. That's what is hard for me to swallow. Not that the wheels aren't worth the money - I know people have time/money/work involved in them, but I could buy another truck for the price of wheels. :?

I edited my title but it didn't change the thread title. I kind of have two topics going here in the same thread, sorry about that. The A3 just got me thinking of the M105A3 wheels.

Anywho........ here's the info on the M105A3 wheels. One side of the wheel has 4-1/8" backspacing and the other side has 4-3/4" backspacing. The pics below show one wheel facing up and the other facing down. Guess you could mount them either way though.

Attachments

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
..................................................................................
I haven't seen a Deuce wheel without the tire to see what the lip looks like and how tall it is. These wheels don't look to have a huge lip on them. Maybe its the same as a Deuce wheel, I don't know.

Just thinking that with the offset these wheels have, and if a larger tire - 11.00 or 395 would mount up okay on them, they may not look so bad singled out on the rear with the hubs in stock position as the offset of the wheel would split the difference in position of the inner and outer stock dual wheels.

You are not planning to even try mounting 11.00R20 or 395/85R20s on them, right?
The M105A3 wheel is a 22.5" 15º shoulder angle!

G.

number9

Well, I have 8 of those wheels.

re: about the 15* shoulder, that's why I was asking about them. I don't know what kind of shoulder / lip the stock deuce wheels have. I now assume by your post that it is different shoulder. Oh well, just thought I may have had an alternative wheel idea. I guess I could find some big off road lug 22.5's for them, but then that would leave the front wheels needing addressed as these would prob hang too far out on the front and be bad for bearing / kingpin life.

jesusgatos

...here's the info on the M105A3 wheels. One side of the wheel has 4-1/8" backspacing and the other side has 4-3/4" backspacing. The pics below show one wheel facing up and the other facing down. Guess you could mount them either way though.
You are not planning to even try mounting 11.00R20 or 395/85R20s on them, right?
The M105A3 wheel is a 22.5" 15º shoulder angle!

G.
Oh man, I got excited for a minute. I've been looking for some narrow one-piece 20" wheels with the right offset to run singled. If I didn't already have tires, I'd seriously think about running those and stepping up to 22.5's. That would be a cool setup.