• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A3

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picked up the A3 today and the tire inflation system has been disabled. I can track it down but was wondering if someone could cut down the time to fly it would be most help full. They also had a cover plate over the system face. I guess the don't want the NG useing it?
I got the best out of the three that were there and with new batt she came alive and runs down the road like a champ. Has 13464 miles showing.

Attachments

DUECE-COUPE

The CTIS system always gave maintenance a big head ache. it was disabled for safety reasons, not so the NG couldn't use them. remove the cover, start the truck and listen. you will hear the system cycle from tire to tire checking the presure in each one. when it is done it will stop. i have a operators -10 if you need to copy it. As for operators in the NG, w eknow how and when to use it, but it was a first generation system, and with it came all the bugs that need to be worked out. the tires and wheel are nice to have, but if you put them on an A2,, you will need to install the gear drive converter for the spedo. the air assist stearing is a plus too. i just never found the BULLDOG nose look appealing. let me know if you want more info. i and only 45 minutes away.:-D

jatonka

My A3 also has the CTIS unplugged at the control panel. No cover plate over the display though. I am hesitant to plug it back together, in case something is REAL wrong with the system. Someday, I will try it. JT out

aboonski

I wanted to congratulate you on the purchase of the A3; I also need a small favor at the same time. I just bought an NOS 24 volt tachometer off of Ebay which goes in the A3 - I have an M1008A1 which I want to install the tach into. Any chance of getting you to see where all the wires go that are on the reverse of the tach? Chances are I may have to buy a few more components to make this work in my rig. By the way, the seller has more of these and will probably be listing them very soon. He started the bidding out super low and had a Buy It Now price of $50.00 on the tach. There were only two bids and my winning bid wound up being $3.25 even though I bid much higher. If you need a link to the auction or the seller please let me know. Shipping is costing me $15.00. I added photos of the front and rear of the tach.

Attachments

Pawnshop

The Gods ride shotgun with me Rob. Look found more of the fleet hiding in the bushes.

Now THAT is sexy, kind of a modern M109:)

I talked to a MARINE at an airshow years ago that explained to me that the reason the USMC HMMWV didn't use the CTIS was that if the system failed then the unit had four flat tires with no way to keep them aired up! I personally am afeared of it but what do I know, I don't trust automatic transmissions either!

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found the air line zip tied by the air tank with the fitting ready to go. Took out the plug in the tank and the unit has air. Found two wires on top of the controller inside frame rail front right tandem. Male and female. plugged them together. Still no power to unit. Once again does anyone know what else or do I have to do this alone. This is what a Deuce needs to be.
As for top speed have not ready her for full sea trial's. as far as the tac looks like your on your own on this one as I would like to tear the dash apart to help but it's a lot to take on as it is tight with stuff. Sorry

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also drop the exhaust to intake recurck line as it don't do a thing for performance. That's the rubber line on exhaust to intake.
Also if you heavy oil air pack the exhaust line are tied to the back of the cab on pass side. take them down and point to ground or you will oil cab, frame rail and D tank.

Last edited:

Stonepicker1

I wanted to congratulate you on the purchase of the A3; I also need a small favor at the same time. I just bought an NOS 24 volt tachometer off of Ebay which goes in the A3 - I have an M1008A1 which I want to install the tach into. Any chance of getting you to see where all the wires go that are on the reverse of the tach? Chances are I may have to buy a few more components to make this work in my rig. By the way, the seller has more of these and will probably be listing them very soon. He started the bidding out super low and had a Buy It Now price of $50.00 on the tach. There were only two bids and my winning bid wound up being $3.25 even though I bid much higher. If you need a link to the auction or the seller please let me know. Shipping is costing me $15.00. I added photos of the front and rear of the tach.
aboonski, I pulled some info from the M44A3's TM on the tack. The one in the book shows a harness connector to the back of the tack. I don't see where it would hook up to the tack that you have. I could be wrong, But you got a great deal on the price if it will work for you. See attached pictures.

Attachments

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dam Pete can't a boy have some fun. I have not yet been back to look her over but I will today or tomorrow. The A3 is road ready and on the farm, parked next to crusty.

At 2700 rpm the truck only runs 55mph. I thought there would be a little more but I with all the other goodies this thing has I am a happy camper.

I did find the wire harness zip tied to another group of wires in the frame rail. Plugged it in and still no power. I will take multimeter with and see if power is at the connection. Report findings later.

aboonski

Stonepicker1,
Thank you for the schematics on the tachometer. With the new attachment system in Steel Soldiers (SS) you cannot right-click on the images and save them into your computer for some reason. Is the TM available in the TM section of SS? I did see where there is a sensor pickup that I will need to obtain in order to make things work. I did get a great price but I know the seller was probably disappointed by the ending price. That has happened to me on a couple of occasions. I really appreciate the info about the wiring - now I'll have to find a way to enlarge the pages!

Alan Broadbent
abroadbent@bellsouth.net
aboonski on www.steelsoldiers.com www.ebay.com and www.youtube.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks