• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AAAAAHHHHHHHH !!!!!! Success !!!!

pa.rich

Was on vacation for a week. Got back and caught up on things and then this morning went back to work on the M51A2 dump. Replaced the pistons. Tough job with limited equipment. Very heavy. The problem was the bent pistons. My wife saw me overjoyed for a change! This truck has been waiting for her dump bed since about a year and a half, so thats a big deal to me. Someone asked how the old pistons got bent and I am guessing, but they were ripped off the rusted out frame during dumping a heavy load and most likely got messed up at that time. The area where the previous dump body connected to the pistons cross header. I had hoped to rebuild that one but scrapped it instead. I purchased a good body and later a subframe from one of our S.S. brothers in Connecticut. Rich Heidgard, and I Appreciate his help in loading on my trailer for me. He has a nice shop and some very interesting projects. So, the truck is no longer a flatbed, but a working dumper, and on to the next step of the restoration........ Helen, hand me that door please......... 8)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks