• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AAR on my Red River trip

combat32

Lucky for me it is only 3 hours from my house, so I left home early to get a good start as I knew it would take a while. Of course you can call in an order and get it shipped but for me goin there is like lettin a crackhead in the back of the pharmacy!

They have tons and tons of parts, every time I go I wind up seeing stuff I thought I would never see NOS, Blake and I went thru my list of part numbers on my wish list to see what he had. He is a nice guy and is an MV owner himself so appreciates the disease. Even though they mostly sell to big outfits and overseas customers he has always taken the time to deal with me one on one, customer service is great.

As one of his parts guys was out we went to the warehouse to pull some of the stuff on my list ourselves, the rest of my loot was at another location, think they have 4.

Imagine the warehouse in Indiana Jones filled to the top with new and used MV parts from the goat to M151, M113 , deuce, 5 ton and everything else we have had in service over the last 60 years or so.

He did have some tires about 10 or 12, mounted, 75 bucks each, most I would call servicable but I found the last two new ones, One is a United and the other is a goodyear that has never been mounted, Bonus!

I remember several of us were lookin for mirrior arms, he has 200 brand new for 17 dollars each, also got 6 brand new wheel cylinders for 12.50 each and a MC for 70. He had lots of complete goats back in the day but they are all gone. No motors but he does have take off heads, rebuilt t-cases and trannys too.

I also got a tailgate and a hardtop, even though I had talked myself out of one I decided with the limited availability of soft tops it would be nice to have for the future.
If you live close enough I highly recomend a trip there, bring your parts list!

I also got brand new latches for my troop seats! Brought back quite a load, now to get to work on the motor.

Attachments

combat32

BTW, did a little online research on the United Tires, it was a Canadian company that went belly up around 1990, in an online article I read Specialty Tires of America bought all their equipment, wonder if they got the tire molds too? Maybe we could convince them to make a run of goat tires at a better price than Coker.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I enjoyed working with Blake on my 2 orders. Always very helpful.

Glad you were able to snag some stuff. They're about 7 hours away from me so I probably won't be dropping in unless I just happen to be going that way.

The load of tires I got were about half and half Goodyear and United so we must have used a fair number of each.

combat32

Anyone here ever check Memphis Equipment for Gamma Goat parts? They don't list any on their website, but thought I might give them a call.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks