• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Abandoned Vehicle issue Government Liquidators

KIRBY1957

Update: 7/6/2012 GL settled the claim with a 25% slap on the wrist and nice note that says this is a one time allowance for this kind of issue. Refund to be mailed on the remainder of $$$$$ within 21 days...OUCH but much better then 100% loss. I would have gladly paid the default two weeks ago as I'm reasonably sure that part of my stomach thats gone now and loss of sleep are worth much much more . (BTW 2 week steady diet with tums and pepto make you loose weight lol)

With that said Thank god its over and YES it could have been much worse. TY HP and thanks to all who lent an ear. Expensive lesson that in todays world the handshake and take you at your word are useless anymore. Will I trust someone again with out a written contract and Million dollar liable policy NO. Will I invest in a paper company so my reams of paper are cheaper ABSOLUTELY. What saddens me the most is the lost days of my Word and my Integrity are unbreakable, now it seems mean nothing anymore.

I on the other hand was raised with the belief that makes me sleep sound at night. Lord I have done the best I could today and I will do even better tomorrow. I treat people as I want to be treated and have a clear conscious.

Think I will adopt JW's way of thinking "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." RIP Big John....

Wrench Bender
Proud member of the United States of America till DEATH to us part
Sorry didn't get to celebrate on the 4th so Happy independence day y'all

rickf

I find it curious that you have not made any mention of the wrecker company in all this. If in fact you did contact them about the truck then someone there holds at least part of the responsibility, a large part in my eyes. Have you used this company in the past? More than once? Will you use them again? I do not buy the big trucks but most of the others here do. It might be a good idea to let them know who this was so they can make an informed decision if the need for a wrecker service in that area ever arises. No slams or comments, just a company name.

Rick

KIRBY1957

Have you used this company in the past? NO Will you use them again? NO I do not buy the big trucks but most of the others here do. "It might be a good idea to let them know who this was so they can make an informed decision if the need for a wrecker service in that area ever arises. No slams or comments, just a company name". Groff Wrecker service is the one I called and sent paper work to.

rickf

If you sent a fax then there is a paper trail. Most fax machines give you a receipt and even if it did not there will be a trail through the phone records. He can deny he got it but you can prove you sent it. It seems you do this for a business so you must have a lawyer you can consult when needed. I would look into a civil suit against the wrecker company. As long as you can prove you sent the fax.

Rick

KIRBY1957

Already in the works;0) Thanks for the info though Rick. My concern was Government Liquidators isn't interested in anything other then if you can prove it was THEIR fault :0( Trust me not a dilemma I would wish on anyone...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks