• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ABERDEEN 2012 ( Only 192 days away)

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
It is offical:::::
10-12 May 2012, 39th Annual East Coast Military Vehicle Rally & Flea Market at Aberdeen’s Ripken Stadium, MD. This is the largest gathering of enthusiasts honoring our military and veterans during Armed Forces week in the state of Maryland! The 12 acre Stadium Parking lot is features vendors/collectors and tailgaters who will occupy over 1,000 parking spaces! Entry is FREE to the public. There will be scores of antique and present day military vehicles plus hundreds of vendors selling militaria, insignia, surplus, packs, bags, electronics, uniforms, books, tools and much more. This non-profit event helps sponsor the preservation of artifacts at the Museum that won the war of democracy, the cold war and the current war against terrorism. Proceeds from this free public event have been donated to the U.S. Soldiers’ and Airmen’s Home, Washington, D.C., and the USO! Info:
Do you think its too early to start the thread, "What are you bringing to Aberdeen???

roady

Dudley,

I will be attending again and hope to meet up with even more of the members this time around. I had a good time last year other then the sunburn on my bald head... Hope to bring the Deuce this time and stay the night to attend one of the get together s in the evening. Are you going to try and get a cookout going again this year?

I may even have a few goodies to get rid of.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I will do the Thursday night cookout if Frank brings his MKT. If not then its time to get Matt to build me a trailer mounted monster grill/smoker...It will be filets and taters with fixings. The GA crew sure put on a feast last week for 3 days, and I sure appreciate what they did knowing what it just takes for a 1 night meal. I do like the idea of a grill.....I even think Appel may have one.... i am grabbing 20+ spots in a block. Also, we need shirts for this rally and name tags. Also, Kenny did a great job of name tags at GA. I will be helping with vendor registration so I may get some SS name tags made up for just us, or just come to our block of 20+ spots and get a name tag.

Last edited:

Crazyguypa

I'm coming with the MKT again for 2012. Scheduled to work that weekend, but will be putting in for vacation as soon as i get back from the vacation I am currently on. 8)

I will be getting there early on Wednesday to setup. Took a long time last year by myself, but this year my brother will be down again. He kicked himself in the a$$ for not coming down this year, he missed a good time.

I'll probably setup in the same spot as last year, being more central to the whole event. Might have to get more spots, as it seems I bring more and more stuff every year. Need to find one of those quiet honda generators, that HF one i had last year was murder...... i think my ears are still ringing from it.

Frank

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Still think the GA. Rally out does Aberdeen, been to both, and in time the GA. rally will be the number one to go to on the east coast . Aberdeen has a parking lot, no place to run trucks, Aberdeen is #1 now because it is one of the oldest MV rallies, started BEFORE SS, when the MVPA was king, now SS is giving the MVPA a good run for the money, and in time I think SS will emerge as the #1 MV club along with the SS rallies, the MVPA ralliess have a nice DISPLAY area ( a lot of parking lots), on the other hand, SS rallies not only DISPLAY the trucks, but if wanted, use the trucks, the best of both worlds. The MVPA is still run on a car club format with DISDPLY, and best of show, ect. SS IS run on a MV format to start with, ect., ect. So with SS emerging as the #1 MV club, I see the SS raillies far over SHADOWING the MVPA rallies ( look at the GAMVPA and the GA. SS RALLY).
SO with all the above said, SAVE your money, time, come to the PREMIER EAST COAST MV RALLY, in time you will anyway, so might as well start NOW 2cents

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Still think the GA. Rally out does Aberdeen, been to both, and in time the GA. rally will be the number one to go to on the east coast . Aberdeen has a parking lot, no place to run trucks, Aberdeen is #1 now because it is one of the oldest MV rallies, started BEFORE SS, when the MVPA was king, now SS is giving the MVPA a good run for the money, and in time I think SS will emerge as the #1 MV club along with the SS rallies, the MVPA ralliess have a nice DISPLAY area ( a lot of parking lots), on the other hand, SS rallies not only DISPLAY the trucks, but if wanted, use the trucks, the best of both worlds. The MVPA is still run on a car club format with DISDPLY, and best of show, ect. SS IS run on a MV format to start with, ect., ect. So with SS emerging as the #1 MV club, I see the SS raillies far over SHADOWING the MVPA rallies ( look at the GAMVPA and the GA. SS RALLY).
SO with all the above said, SAVE your money, time, come to the PREMIER EAST COAST MV RALLY, in time you will anyway, so might as well start NOW 2cents
Life is short, so why not do both!!!GA is a great event that I will attend as long as the good Lord allows me. There is no comparison between events. Anytime us guys can get together it is a good time. I even look forward to our monthly breakfast at Bob Evans. We are lucky that the Washington Area Blue/Gray puts a year of hard work into making Aberdeen a success. Now I am looking forward to attending the FL rally in the spring. Maybe even get out to hit Camp Dirtbag. That one sounds like a desert version of GA.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
It is by NO means too early to tell me the dates for any of the shows. I can get my vacation put on the board and be assured I can be there. Thanks for the heads up. Now all I need is the NJ Show, Gilbert (I think they were already posted), MVPA National in Huntsville, and GA Rally dates for 2012 and I'll be all set.

Thanks!!!!

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's hard to compare Aberdeen to the GA Rally to a MVPA national. They are all different types of events. Want to buy or sell parts, go to Aberdeen. Want to go offroading, go to GA. Want to display your stuff to have it checked out by 1000's, go to MVPA...

None is better or worse than any other, they are all different variations on the MV theme..

powerhouseduece

I will be there as always. I was thinking that if anyone has a Meat slicer *cough* Cabell *cough* then we can do some pit samitches one night. Dad, we have to school these guys in some fine Baltimore dining. All I need to do is find a 6.2 engine can and turn it into a cooker!

Also, I think I will be having a fire sale, I have way too much junk laying around and a major project going on. Need the $$$ and the room.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I will be there as always. I was thinking that if anyone has a Meat slicer *cough* Cabell *cough* then we can do some pit samitches one night. Dad, we have to school these guys in some fine Baltimore dining. All I need to do is find a 6.2 engine can and turn it into a cooker!

Also, I think I will be having a fire sale, I have way too much junk laying around and a major project going on. Need the $$$ and the room.
Possum with old bay...A Maryland favorite. No finer dining when cooked in a 6.2 engine can. Wreckerman would be proud.

Srjeeper

It is by NO means too early to tell me the dates for any of the shows. I can get my vacation put on the board and be assured I can be there. Thanks for the heads up. Now all I need is the NJ Show, Gilbert (I think they were already posted), MVPA National in Huntsville, and GA Rally dates for 2012 and I'll be all set.

Thanks!!!!

MTA of NJ..... MTA* Spring Swap Meet

Redball Gilbert...Sept. 21st & 22nd, 2012

:jumpin:

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Ok it is time to bring this thread back to life. We are down to 8 weeks away. I have several spots left. One member had to bail out due to a work schedule so his 2 spots are open. I also picked up 4 more spots at the end of our row and the eond of the ailse spots are in fact 3 spaces wide, so they are great if you are a vendor. Send me a pm if you need a spot.

rickf

Ok it is time to bring this thread back to life. We are down to 8 weeks away. I have several spots left. One member had to bail out due to a work schedule so his 2 spots are open. I also picked up 4 more spots at the end of our row and the eond of the ailse spots are in fact 3 spaces wide, so they are great if you are a vendor. Send me a pm if you need a spot.
PM Me with my spots, I need to start getting the info out on where I am.

Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks