• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ABN173's Little Project

ABN173

Red Devils

Ok fellas, After seeing my truck in person I think for now the truck will stay red but I will be jazzing it up some with 1st BN 508th INF (A) (aka: Red Devils) logo's I was with the Red Devils for the reactivation in Italy (1996) and also for their jump into Northern Iraq in 2003. So I'm thinking of hand painting these on door/hood:

Attachments

ABN173

Hey Dale, I haven't searched their pages for your unit's decal but I have used this company for unit decals. I got my friend his 1st Marine Division decal some 10 years ago. It still looks good with min fade.
Military-Graphics - Army Unit Decals Page 1
Mike,

Maybe I found the unit on page 8: Military-Graphics - Army Unit Decals Page 8 I have a art projector and it would be fun to paint by hand, however it's tempting to order since no mistakes would be made that way. I wonder if they could make a magnet version?

-Dale

ABN173

I skipped lunch today and spent the time disassembling my 24V "Robo-Tool" impact tool. A hard plastic shield was broken and the pieces jammed up a otherwise working tool. Should be good to go now. Pics to be posted later.

-Dale

Attachments

Last edited:

ABN173

Pretty cool tool for $80......lets hope it works now lol Yes all thos plastic pieces came out of there!

I should be able to test it out tomorrow.

-Dale

ABN173

Will that do the lugnuts on the Deuce? If so, very cool. That must be an issue item with the slave cable plug in?
Peter,

It is a slave powered item, it has a warning sticker to use lug wrench and breaker bar if the lugnut does break loose in 5 seconds. I figured it would work for the CUCV if it did not do well for the Deuce.

-Dale

ABN173

Ok just ordered a steel spiral bullet exhaust (thanks for the tip Dan) $55 w/free shipping
Moroso Part No. 94052 - Spiral Flow Racing Mufflers
EDIT This came in and I managed to install it however take a close look at the model # and such the one that arrived had a 3.5" input but the output was not flared it was exactly 3.5 so I had to make relief cuts on both parts in order to make it work. I would have just returned it but I had already cut the stack! I love it though it cuts the loudness by about 40% !

Also mounted my route clearance auxiliary lights but did not finish wiring yet. (pics to follow)

As I was leaving Dan told me I had a low beam headlight out so I just ordered these: eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

I spent most of the weekend working on the HMMWV tires for my M1008, they would not seal so we had to use the ether explosion trick.....That really works, (I tried everything before we resorted to that)

Oh Thanks AMRAM and AN/ARC186 for all the help this weekend!

-Dale

Last edited:

ABN173

Does that mean that you got your proper wheels?
Verdict is still out on that one, "Maybe" is a safe answer.

I have the rims from Brad now and the four tires, I ordered new O-rings and had to go out an buy new valve stem guts. One of these tires have a small cut on side wall that may compromise the tire so that may put me at only 3.

Even if it works I may only keep it as a spare so I am still short one wheel/tire.

These also do not have the run-flats like I wanted.

-Dale

wsucougarx

Great looking lights. Your truck is starting to look like Scott's twin;-) Park the two next to each other and we'll have a festive Christmas theme w/red and green trucks;-)

pevrs114

Ok fellas, After seeing my truck in person I think for now the truck will stay red but I will be jazzing it up some with 1st BN 508th INF (A) (aka: Red Devils) logo's I was with the Red Devils for the reactivation in Italy (1996) and also for their jump into Northern Iraq in 2003. So I'm thinking of hand painting these on door/hood:

Mustard Stain! Very cool.

Nice truck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks