• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

about a dozen 1990's M1097A1 HMMWV's in Arizona for sale on GSA auctions

cryptofile

GSA has about a dozen Humvee's for sale. I count 14, looks like two are desert tan the rest are woodland camo.
Some come with generator sets in the back. GSA auctions are at: https://gsaauctions.gov/

Looks like these are being sold out of Northrop Grumman / ARMY in southern Arizona.
Completely different from the GovPlanet sales.

Last edited:

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You linked something else but yes everything is from the APO there. EUC's still required. Everything is "OFF ROAD USE ONLY. NO EXCEPTIONS." Nothing too special since you can't drive it on the road imho.

DREDnot

I was checking those out as they are local.
My buddy picked up some M1101 trailers out of there last week.
I think I talked him out of getting that 7 pack of MTVs they got there also.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Aren't gp hmmwv's stamped off road also except usmc units? Easy to get around if needed.

Those 2 man with gen sets or transfer switches? have a neat frame and extension over the airlift bumper. Cut out tailgates also .Also have a nice spreadsheet on each one as a mini inspection.

I suspect these were to quickly set up an improvised airfield. Did not see the specs on the gen sets if they are 400mz? As airforce has different electrical requirements. A few hour meters showed less than 50 hours so basically like new.

Most have winches. M1097 or a1 heavy variants

All look like runners except one that is partially engine disassembled.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Happy to get some relatively close up views of those "resilient weapon mounts" on the rear, same as used with the S-788 shelter, TMs have not been helpful so far on the exact lineup, more parts there than it appears.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Happy to get some relatively close up views of those "resilient weapon mounts" on the rear, same as used with the S-788 shelter, TMs have not been helpful so far on the exact lineup, more parts there than it appears.
Did not know know what they were called . I think I remember the s-788 tm having the mounting hardware and illustrations for the hmmwv application.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
goes to show there is a fool born every day....those are Turbo truck prices.
why you would spend that amount for a basic A0/A1 is beyond me, Gen set or no gen set.

I thought the same thing. Lot of bucks for a generator. Saw trailers hitched up . Were they included?

Couple forest service?? Humv's sale this week at Mojave airport auction >

https://www.proxibid.com/Ken-Geyer-...Surplus-Absolute-Auction/event-catalog/182794

Just what I need, a crashed F-100 and just down the street, CAMO

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks