• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

About our transmission...

Trango

It's too bad the spicer 3000 series is completely obsolete, because otherwise, you'd be able to do cool stuff like swap that input gear for one from a different model within the series (along with the corresponding input gear on the countershaft), and really play with all the splits across the ranges (aside from the 1:1 gear)...

Bob

1ton

Installing larger tires doesn't affect the actual gearing any where. But since smaller tires have to spin more times to travel the same linear distance they have a lower- Higher numerical value gear ratio.
ndccs are probably different but theses are close enough.

9.00 517revs/mile
11.00x20 482revs/mile
14.00x20 431revs/mile

All you need to think is small tire=torque, big tire=speed.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now, if you guys want to really get screwed up, have a gasser deuce and a multifuel deuce and drive both. I did just that many years ago when I had the gasser M275. It was a major brain burner trying to remember what truck I was driving and what gear came next. Another side note, Wayne Harris bought a Multifuel deuce from Ft Stewart that had the 2052 tranny in it. Ran great but was absolutely screaming at 50.

rmgill

Worse is when I try to shift into 5th on my Honda Insight and go right and Down instead of Right and up. (Right and Down being reverse!)

I've done this 3 times now. :(

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wayne Harris bought a Multifuel deuce from Ft Stewart that had the 2052 tranny in it.
I have seen that as well. I saw it on an A1 with a 427.