• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

About to buy my first deuce - give me your opinions on this truck

MilSpec78

Out of curiousity, what do you want to do with the truck?

This is why I ask.

If you just want to drive it then (as others have said previously) I would look for a turn key truck with all the goodies I want already on it. You'll likely find it cheaper than building it or replacing parts yourself. Plus you get instant gratification.

If you are like me and want to customize the truck to your own taste then finding one in good working order would be my top priority while looks (including moderate sheet metal rust) would come second. I would review the maintenance TM and then check each of those items as part of my review of the truck. There are also many threads on what to look for before purchasing a truck.

I bought my M35 from a GSA auction. The cab had rust but the mechanicals and fluids appeared to be very well maintained. Even the brakes were nearly new. I bought her because her bones were good even though she wasn't the prettiest girl in town. After all, I was going to modify her anyway.

If find it funny to hear these trucks referred to as money pits. I have a long list of mods intended for my truck. I hope to still be tinkering with her 20 years from now. In the last six months alone I have spent quite a bit of time and treasure on my truck. Do I consider her a money pit? No, it is my hobby and money well spent. :-D

I remember my excitement when I was looking to buy my truck. Enjoy it. Think about what you want to do with your truck. Take your time and find that perfect truck that meets your needs. Don't look for the cheapest deal but the best deal for you. Have fun and good luck in your search!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks