• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Abrams electronic panel puller?

aboonski

I bought a bunch of these off of a guy today who said they were used to pull electronic control modules out of the Abrams tank - I probably spelled that wrong too! I just thought they were neat looking but did I get taken to the cleaners on these things? I really don't have much in them at all so it's no big deal. I'll probably make "grab bars" out of them for my deuce!

Attachments

aboonski

Grab Bars

Actually I was only joking but if I did want to make grab bars out of these, I could easily do it. I don't know how much weight they could handle because they are made of aluminum - probably aircraft grade knowing the government and their specifications. I do a lot of tinkering in my spare time and would dismantle these things and find some stainless bolts that would slip inside of the tubing and go from there. Here's something I just accomplished with a bad Dewalt battery for instance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UQ-5QP9pks