• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AC for the MK48 LVS

tcody

Can anyone help with a NSN for the AC kit for the MK48'S. I found the red dot kit for the HEMTT (4120-01-526-9153) but I don't think they are applicable to the LVS.
Thanks in advance!

Bighurt

The cabs are different NSN's so I imagine they aren't directly compatable. However like everything I suspect you can make it work.

Where you a lucky winner?

jimbo*

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't speak to the interior, but the cabs are structurally identical except for the MK having a rear window behind the driver's head.

Last edited:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think you will find it very difficult to get a unit out of RED DOT. They don't want to sell to civilians. Even Oshkosh does not want to sell MK48 parts to the public...or so I have been told by BBF...even though they WILL sell Oshkosh parts for the HEMTT. Go figure!

tcody

Red Dot has a R9976 compressor that is hydraulic. I sure would like to figure out if the LVS kit was pretty much the same at the HEMTT but with a hydraulic compressor. Even a NSN might be helpful. Best info I could find was a RFQ around 2008. Those trucks are a nice poor mans alternative to the HEMTT, but with the 109 degree days we had around here it makes you think twice!

DrillerSurplus

Can anyone help with a NSN for the AC kit for the MK48'S. I found the red dot kit for the HEMTT (4120-01-526-9153) but I don't think they are applicable to the LVS.
Thanks in advance!
on the mk48 there is no fan belt everything is hyd driven or cam driven so putting a belt driven ac should be a challenge

Has anyone figured out an AC unit for the MK48?

I've seen a couple of threads looking, but no solid answer on one that someone has actually installed.

A couple of photos below from when we tried out the MK18A1 by loading & unloading a 20' container. With contents container weighed about 10,000 lb and it picked up without a grunt.

Note to John Appel- I've thought about converting a dump truck bed I have to use with the MK18A1. The one photo shows container at about the maximum angle. It would work only if what you were hauling wasn't sticky. I had hoped it would go a little steeper, at this angle it probably wouldn't dump a load of dirt unless it was bone dry or you had lined the bed with visqueen before you loaded it.

MK48-MK18A1 loading container cab.jpgMK48-MK18A1 loading container 1.jpgMK48-MK18A1 loading container 2..jpgMK48-MK18A1 loading container 5.jpgMK48-MK18A1 loading container 4.jpg

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I plan on installing my AC unit on the SEMTT. However it'd only be of any help to you guys for how to mount the AC box. I'm running a NHC250 engine.