• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AC Issues with MEP802A

Tazmania

I have a MEP802A, the circuit breaker will only stay closed for about 20 seconds, when the load is applied. The breaker trips and the short circuit led lights. With no load, connected the unit the unit will run all day with the breaker closed. Voltage:120/240 Current:4-6 amps. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks!

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you downloaded the technical manuals and done any troubleshooting for the overload circuits?

Guyfang

Staff member
Taz,

Is this a new to you gen set? Have you ever seen it run right? Is the gen set hooked to a load when you tried to close the CB1? Or is the gen set not hooked to a load? Is there anything touching the output load terminals?

And yes, do you have the books downloaded?

jamawieb

Are you saying with any load connected, your getting the short circuit or as soon as you close the AC Interrupter switch with no load, it throws the short circuit? I had a similar situation with an 803a and turned out to be a burden resistor. You should be able to find the write up, if you search mep-803a short circuit

Tazmania

Downloaded manuals and started performing tests. I was just about to start my test on the K8. I happened to look up and there it was, plain as day. One wire had broken away from R-11. Of course I wanted to repair it right then, but I don't carry a soldering iron in the field. My team will repair it today and I'm sure it will be FMC by COB. Jamawieb, if I had only opened this site up yesterday. The best lessons are hard learned. Thanks for the assist!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks