• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AC plug for a cucv?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe you are referring to a power plug like a cigarette lighter uses. You won't get any AC power from it but will operate the 12V phone cord.

OLDCHEV4X4

Mabey you mean a ACC plug?
Go to a junkyard and get one out of a gm truck. Look at how its mounted and wired.
Bring home and copy it.
I guess CUCV's dont have a ash tray??
So you might have to make your own bracket.

mangus580

CUCV's have a spot for them, they just arent there.

Be VERY careful where you connect it to the fuse box. Some ports in there are 24v!!

AJMBLAZER

I bought a new cigarette lighter from a parts house for like $5, an inline fuse, and a fuse tap to the 12v constant source in the fuse box and wired mine up. Works great and cost about $20 total.

If you do a search on this forum for "cigarette lighter" you should find it. I also have a diagram in that thread that shows where the 12v constant is.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks