• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Accelerating Problem... possible fuel?

scottjhl

Ok... so here is the deal... now happening in both my deuce, and my brothers.

Driving first part of trip fine.

Returning home, the truck acts like its sputtering, bouncing between accelerating, and stalling out.

Any ideas.

I believe that its either bad diesel, someone poured water into the tank...Or I am not even sure...

any ideas on how to fix, or troubleshoot this?

I am working on changing all the fuel filters now, to see if that fixes it.

My brother's truck just had all his filters changed...

SOOO Confused, thanks in advance guys!

scottjhl

my tank is drained... gonna have to do it to my brothers truck as well...

can you recommend the additive to remove water? other than the water separator filter?

GHall

That's a good question.. I think the last one I used was STP. The local auto store should have a few different ones, I would try the most popular name brand and not the least expensive.

welldigger

You could possibly have an air leak in the fuel lines also. Check all fuel lines for seepage. But it really sounds like contaminated fuel.

scottjhl

trucks were sitting outside the fence line for a few days... not likely that it was done by someone in the area though...

have to look more into it...

keep the suggestions coming.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Just change the filters. They will pull the water out for you, unless there is a sh1t load, then you'll need to drain the fuel tank.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks