• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Accessory drive seal

engineer233

Ok, this should be rather simple but as always for me I'm having trouble. I don't have the correct tm's for this and can't seem to find anything on here, so here goes. I have a M923 with a NHC-250. The accessory drive seal is pouring . So far I have loosened the nut on the front of the pulley , removed the fan shroud, removed the fan and power steering belts. All that is left is the water pump belt. I am completely lost on this. I cant find anyway what so ever to loosen this belt for removal. I know when someone answers this for me I will feel stupid cause it is probably really easy . Oh well it wont be the first time. Please help..

engineer233

Thanks for the heads up on the leak. This would have drove me crazy if I had got it all back together and then found out. Where would be the best place to order these parts ?

engineer233

Thanks, this will help . It is so small you could miss this very easy. Along with ordering the copper washer for the water pump, will I need a pump gasket or can you change the washer without disturbing the pump gasket ?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
how about the p/n for the seal, ware ring, lillle L shaped thing and the water pump copper ring, because when I replace the front gear cover/motor mount on the WW, I will need to ALL of these and a few more things, thanks

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, this will help . It is so small you could miss this very easy. Along with ordering the copper washer for the water pump, will I need a pump gasket or can you change the washer without disturbing the pump gasket ?

The copper ring is the gasket. Slather it with anti sieze and it'll be easier to adjust the belts the next time you need to do it.

engineer233

The wear sleeve is pn# 190397 , The keyway seal is pn# 3008947 , The drive seal is pn# 3004316. I bought my parts from Worldwide Equipment here local. They have stores in Ky,Oh,Tn,Wv. The local store here has been the most helpful place I have dealt with so far in finding parts for my M923. All of this total was $50.

engineer233

I have another problem or two and need some advice. I got the accessory drive pulley of and found it to be cracked in the back next to the keyway. Set this aside and started to try and remove the drive seal. This to didn't go so well. After 40 minutes it now looks like a mess and still wont come out . What are my options or helpful hints on getting this out and finding another pulley ?

engineer233

When I called Worldwide Equipment I gave them the CPL # , S.O. # , and the Engine # that was stamped into the data plate on the accy drive . They contacted Cummins direct and made sure these were the correct parts for my engine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks