• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Accessory Questions

CMSGT

I have a few questions I hope someone can help me with. I have a 5 ton that I have been working on and there are a few things I'd like to add if its possible.

Does anyone know of a snow plow kit that can be installed?

I have places for accessories on the side of my truck, the drivers side has a place for a 5 gal can and the passenger side has a place for what I think are shovels/axes...etc not really sure. Anyone know of anywhere I can order these items so that I can get her back to close to original?

Id also like ot get a connector for the slave receptacle for jumping the battery anyone know where they are available?

Lastly are the air connections the same as regular semi's? I'd like to have a hose to use air tooos in an emergency .
Thanks

gunboy1656

I am assuming you have the fuel can holder and just want the can? If yes see ebay, there is a person selling them on there. They are used but do not look to bad.

As for the pioneer kit you can try Memphis or just hit home depot. Will be a shovel, axe and a mattox in the kit.

As for the air line, yes it is the same connectors as with semi's, you can get a universal connector or just buy an emergency line (it supplies constant air pressure). you can piece it together yourself, or contact one of the dealers. I put mine together for 15 bucks. The stock kit uses 32' of air line.

I would assume there is a snowplow mount that would fit the 5 ton, seeing as there are state and local agencies that used the trucks to plow with, but could not tell you a model number to look for.

Boy that is probab;y the longest response i have posted yet, hope it helped.

CMSGT

Thanks Gunboy, I really appreciate your time and help. I just want things original if at all possible. What is "Memphis"?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
dont think there is a military plow kit, everybody that has mounted a plow, it was a moded civi plow

Last edited:

Jones

That's Memphis Equipment... complete trucks as well as parts.

You may find that most of the civilian "D"-handled spades are an inch or two too long for the pioneer kit tool holder. You can pop out the handle rivets and shorten it there or look for an original from Ames.
Everything else is pretty much over the counter; pick mattock head, pick mattock handle, axe.

As far as accessories for your truck; look at the BII (basic issue items list) in your TM... It'll tell you what came with the truck originally.
You might also consider being a little field-creative. Most GIs add stuff to their vehicles, knowing from past experience in the field what items may be in short supply... drinking water and several rolls of TP come to mind almost immediately. An extra can carrier is a ood place for a 5 gallon water can.

I have a second pioneer kit rack that'll eventually be home for a 'Gorilla bar' (pry bar), sledge hammer, Polaski (tool for fighting brush fires), etc.
If you're out in dry terrain in the summer, an Indian Fire Pump is a necessity. First, they're good for knocking down a hot spot before it gets too big to fight single-handed. Second, they're good for hosing down each other after a long hot day.

Stan Leschert

I've never seen an NSN snow plow for a deuce. The few that were around were cobbled together by the frustrated guys at Base Maint section. Nothing was authorized from above, but if it works, don't mess with it. You may be able to get a plow from the Air Force, but they usually sell these as a unit with a much larger truck. Buy civvy, paint it green, and hide the mountings so that theu can go away for parade season. It's not like you are trying to put the rig into the Barrett- Jackson auction. Have fun with it, and put it to work. Green trucks like that!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks