• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Acquiring repair info from RRAD, they need a number I can't seem to find.

Jon Giovani

Hi guys,
I sent an email to RRAD requesting information as to repairs they had performed on my recently acquired '83 M925 w/w during a rebuild in '09. I included serial number, rebuild tag, mwo tags and pretty much all numbers I could find on the truck in my initial email to them. Here is a copy of the email they replied back with, and herein lies my purpose for this post.

Please look on the front and rear of the truck frame for markings that will look like TH12 or some other alphanumerical set up but no more than 4 or 5 characters long. These are what we call shop numbers and we use them to track vehicles through production. If you can give me these I will be able to research and let you know exactly what level or repair the truck was rebuilt to.

I cannot find this number anywhere on the truck, no tag, engraving, painted or otherwise. Has anybody else experienced this, where they needed this number to get the records, if so where was it? Has anybody gotten records from them without it?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If there is a better place to post this please feel free to move it.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If they tagged thee frame like the serial number on a Deuce it can be a real pain to find and I know where it is.

My guess would be the outside of the frame rail and if it is a stamped in number or a weld then you may need to wire brush the area and/or use a bright light shining on the area from the side.

KsM715

That guy is going to regret sending out that info in the email. I'm guessing he will research maybe the first 3 or 4 that he gets and then realize his inbox will be continually stuffed full of requests all the time from guys wanting to know about their trucks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks