• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Across The Olympic Mountains

aleigh

I used to do some rock-climbing, and I'm not telling you what to do:

- But I would hesitate to use a rope whose condition was uncertain (and especially one that has been hanging out in the weather for who knows how long). That's your life-and-limb you're gambling (but maybe there's a missing piece here to the story that I'm not getting).

PS- If you have to rappel in:

- How do you get back up the rock face to get OUT? Jumars?
The way it was explained to me is the ropes were optional for the route. So I didn't bring any. And they are not optional. I don't know what condition the fixed ropes they had left were, but, my understanding is they were knotted (re your question about getting up). Personally I have a proper rig with ascenders, I just didn't bring it. The other option is floating it in, but that section is class iii with a v crux, so the rap route seems more straightforward (with my skillset).

re: the MR 3-day, I like it a lot.