• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Adapt and Overcome

jhyatt7

Roboskid and I spent the morning at our favorite junkyard, gathering treasures for our M1009s. We then proceeded to Hyatt HQ to install these goodies. In the process of putting on the parts, Mother Nature decided it would be awesome to rain on the parade so to speak. Well what do two Army Vets do when it starts to rain? Adapt and Overcome. Observe.

Attachments

donalloy1

You guys are the real deal! Looks like your working on your Tail Gate? Hopefully you were able to bring back to specs? Mine still could use a little love!:grd:

jhyatt7

Yeah to the untrained eye this appears to be a fort, but in reality its called a TARS, (Tactical All-weather Repair Shop) Ok I made that up......rofl

jhyatt7

I forget who did this but I also replaced my instrument panel lights with red bulbs and I gotta tell ya, it looks cool!

Roboskid

Setting up a TARS was cool. It gave us some ideas for camping when 2 Oh9s are used. Pics of the idea will come later. It was a challenge working with a former E-6 tanker as I am a former Infantry O-3. The infantry did all the brain work and critical thinking. The armor was there to provide muscle and hand over tools. After we got done. We took a 30 mile cruise in a mini 2 oh9 convoy. Great day.:)

jhyatt7

Hey Barrman,
Not really a CUCV junkyard but Wrench a part on 71 has a lot of 80's suburbans and chevy trucks that have various parts like, wiper arms, headlights, tail lights, ect.

Barrman

OK, I knew about them. All those trucks were hidden at Pops parts by Bastrop until the ownership change a year or so ago. I considered that my private stash for a while.

Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks