• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Adapting Civi flatbed utility trailer to mount to Deuce?

lino

Hey all,

I must be normal.
'Cause as the FNG, I sure have a lot of questions...

And here, I'm not even sure if this question belongs here or in the deuce section...

Anyway, on to it.

I have a Deuce.
I have a flatbed tandem 5 ton utility trailer (with questionably functional surge brakes - welded to lock by PO).

I need to connect one to the other to haul my tractor.

I see many people adding receivers and drop hitches to their deuces to achieve this goal. However, I'd rather leave the deuce alone and modify the trailer. It's highly unlikely I'll get more trailers, or other trucks.

Are there no-no's to adding what would look like a half height gooseneck with lunette ring to a civi trailer? Perhaps I'm not normal after all (I already knew this). Maybe I should be and just suck it up and add a receiver to the deuce.

Any advice for a poor FNG?

thanks

ciao
lino

goldneagle

I installed a standard class 4 hitch to my Deuce. I got it on AMAZON.com. It is a standard 34" wide unit that lines up with the frame on the Deuce. Mine was 2-1/2" tube receiver so I also purchased a 2-1/2" to 2" adapter tube. Just drill 6 holes and bolt up.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or just buy the bolt on bracket from TMAmerica.

(Well bolt in after you a couple of welds done.)

They are small easy to install and take off.

lino

I installed a standard class 4 hitch to my Deuce. I got it on AMAZON.com. It is a standard 34" wide unit that lines up with the frame on the Deuce. Mine was 2-1/2" tube receiver so I also purchased a 2-1/2" to 2" adapter tube. Just drill 6 holes and bolt up.
Do you happen to have the model?
I've been digging a bit, and clearly this is the easiest answer to my issue..

Several options on amazon. There is a you-weld version, but that appears to be different than what you mention.
There are many with 34" spacing.

Thanks

ciao
lino

goldneagle

Do you happen to have the model?
I've been digging a bit, and clearly this is the easiest answer to my issue..

Several options on amazon. There is a you-weld version, but that appears to be different than what you mention.
There are many with 34" spacing.

Thanks

ciao
lino
Curt Manufacturing 15605 IDC Receiver Hitch. It is $100 more than when I bought it in 2011. Use the model number and Google for best price.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks