• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Added a few upgrades to M35A2C

OD_Coyote

Per the title, I added the following to my M35A2C this weekend.

-A Plastic battery box I picked up from Angus, a local SS member.

-A set of Optima 6TL adapter trays from OD_Iron

-A set of Optima red top batteries from Sam's Club

-A spin-on oil filter adapter kit from Jatonka.

-Locking battery box option.

I still need to get some new L-bolts for the battery retainer before I install it.

Attachments

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks nice. I'm bidding on an A2C tomorrow so I'll keep those upgrades in mind.

Can't imagine this winter in North Bend. I'm sure happy to be in TX instead of Yakima.

OD_Coyote

mkcoen - Thanks you..We had the good fortune of having some dry weather for a change.
Grounded - Give me a holler when you are in the area and we can firm up a time for you to check out the green beauties.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shouldn't my steel battery box have handles like that? It always slides around. The tabs with holes are there.

OD_Coyote

Shouldn't my steel battery box have handles like that? It always slides around. The tabs with holes are there.
The steel battery boxes I have seen usually have (2) tabs that flip up in front of the battery box and are secured by thumb screws. I had to take the tabs off and drill the holes in the rails on my battery box . Let me see if I can find a pic to post.

OD_Coyote

OPCOM - Here are some pics of the standard steel battery box installation.
Chevytruck - It has not been below 30 deg since I got the Optimas, but so far so good. They were $133 each at Sam's.
My truck had red top Optimas in it when I picked it up at Ft. Lewis.

Attachments

Last edited:

OD_Coyote

Thanks for the kind words on the engine fellow OD afflicted brothers. It is an ex Air Force truck (We used to call em the Chair Force
:razz: ) with only has 46XX original miles on it , so that is probably why it looks as clean as it does. Aside from some surface rust here and there it is a nice truck. I am really digging the sound of the whistler turbo.:-D:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks