• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Added a resonator to my truck

saddamsnightmare

February 17th, 2008.

I noticed that the Chicota Volunteer Fire Company (down here in Texas) had an M35A2C built by AM GENERAL that had the largest muffler I have ever seen fitted to the exhaust in place of the usual stack and screen assembly. This monster was probably 9 or 12" in diameter by about 4' long!! How well it did at muffling the exhaust bark on the Multifuel I forgot to ask the driver, but otherwise my 1971 Kaiser Jeep just surplused out was in generally better overall physical condition, which is unusual as most fire companies take pretty good care of their trucks. All I noticed on the muffler was that one end was stamped "INLET" and the other one "OUTLET", but the only place I have seen mufflers that large are on dry stack marine installations. Unfortunately I have no
photos of it as I didn't have the camera handy, but it was worth seeing. If you liked Jimmy Durante, you'll love the snoze on Chicota's truck, as they'd be proportionately comparable. Good Night Mrs.Calabash, wherever you are....

Kyle F. McGrogan

1963 Mercedes Benz Unimog S404.114 (Swiss)
1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Vietnam and Desert Storm Veteran Deuce Truck.
rofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks