• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Added air tank to the M1031, looking for a light

1956_4x4

I went ahead and added another air tank to my work truck so I could have twice the reserve capacity. Taz sent me a tank and mounting brackets and I just installed it under the existing tank. I need to run by the store and get a couple of fittings to finish plumbing it into the system.

I'm alss looking for a red clearance light like the one in the photo.

Smitty

Attachments

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you looking for the complete light assembly or just the lense?
The red lense is a Trucklite (Signal Stat) 9005, the amber is a 9005A (about $3-4 ea). They also make the complete light assembly in red and amber, aluminum and steel. The original light assemblies are shock proof with aluminum housings. I think the shockproof are only available in steel now. They are also available in LED. Also, use only the Trucklite/Signal Stat lenses as replacements because other brands my look similar but do not snap in like the original.
www.truck-lite.com

1956_4x4

Re: RE: Added air tank to the M1031, looking for a light

319 said:
Are you looking for the complete light assembly or just the lense?
The red lense is a Trucklite (Signal Stat) 9005, the amber is a 9005A (about $3-4 ea). They also make the complete light assembly in red and amber, aluminum and steel. The original light assemblies are shock proof with aluminum housings. I think the shockproof are only available in steel now. They are also available in LED. Also, use only the Trucklite/Signal Stat lenses as replacements because other brands my look similar but do not snap in like the original.
www.truck-lite.com
Thanks for the info. I went to the site and found the lights I'll need. Do you happen to know the difference between the shockproof and the regular lights? I'm guessing the shockproof are isolated in some way.

Smitty

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Added air tank to the M1031, looking for a light

Smitty,

The shockproof has a "suspended" or "floating" bulb mount. They're a couple of dollars more than the standard ones but look identical on the outside. By the way, the lense just snaps in, you push down on the lense and slide it left or right to remove it.

Eric

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks