• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Added LED cab marker lights to an M923A2 Frankencab

This was an ongoing process for weeks, but it is finally all done after today.

It only took 6 1/2 inch pilot tip and Cobalt tip drill bits plus a reamer bit to make all of the holes. The top lid of these Frankencabs is made of tempered steel and was a big pain to drill though....now I know why they never put marker lights on them from the factory lol.

I secured the wiring inside of the plastic channel pipe tubing and zip tied the pipe channel to stick on brackets up against the inside of the cab lid so as to hide the wiring and secure as best as possible.

I used the Trucklite model 35 light with Amored brackets which they use stock on Oshkosh MTVR's and some HEMTT's.

The truck now has all LED lights on it and it really looks great at night. I think it is a trucky looking truck as far as 5 tons go lol.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks