• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Adding a replica M2 to an Deuce

mbehne

I just recently acquired a replica m2 and would like to set it up on my truck. From my searching here, it looks like the only correct way to do this is with a m66? gun ring mount. Did they ever use any other setup on these trucks? The reason I'm asking is I am finding all sorts of other mounts that look like I could replicate fairly easy but I would like to keep it as realistic as possible for the truck. This will just be for parade duty only so I hate to spend the coin on the real deal if there is an alternative.

Thanks for any help, Mike

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
In vn, a lot of mounts were do it yourself either by the motor pool or the using crew themself, if it worked it stayed, if not a redesign was called for, but in the end there was a functioning mount for whatever weapon was to be mounted, some were not pretty but worked as intended.
Also remember a UNloaded mount was #2 target after a loaded mount.

Ford Mechanic

I've got a DEMILL 1919A4 I have been kicking around the idea of building a removable mount for the bed of mine..... Just one of those back burner projects for parades and shows.

mbehne

In vn, a lot of mounts were do it yourself either by the motor pool or the using crew themself, if it worked it stayed, if not a redesign was called for, but in the end there was a functioning mount for whatever weapon was to be mounted, some were not pretty but worked as intended.
Were the ones they made in the field typically a center of the bed mount or did they get made into the side rails? Center of the bed is the direction I'm leaning as then it's easily removable if nec and won't interfere with the troop seats/covers ect.

KaiserM109

... in the end there was a functioning mount for whatever weapon was to be mounted, some were not pretty but worked as intended.
In the 15th Combat Engineers we had a 40mm grenade launcher off of a crashed Cobra we helped secure (blow up) mounted on the back of an M151. We put a crank where the motor mounted and away we went 'til the Provost Marshal spotted it.

Were the ones they made in the field typically a center of the bed mount or did they get made into the side rails? Center of the bed is the direction I'm leaning as then it's easily removable if nec and won't interfere with the troop seats/covers ect.
We mounted it the wheelwell all the way to the back. It didn't have serious recoil, so it wasn't very heavy duty.

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Most of the time they were side mount, not to many center of bed mounts, everything from a high door post for a 60 mount(the gun ring mount bracket with a pipe) to bits of pipe welded to the headache rack on a dump. Just so you know WE did not have any rings when we landed in country (this does not mean that we did not "COLLECT" some trucks that had then), not authorized as we were USAF engineers (someone forgot to tell the bad guys during convoys ,at/outside the wire operations, and the middle of charile country mountain top radar/com. outpost construction projects, ect)

Last edited:

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will have a complete M66 with M23 gun ring setup for a M35A2 and M35A3 at the GA. meet, to the last nut and bolt. All you need is the M2.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks