• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Adding Brake Fluid to a M105A2

steelandcanvas

I was looking over my 105A2 today and doing some PM work trying to get her ready for the big Air Show in 2 weeks. I greased the leaf springs, dolly wheel, and brake handles. I took a look at the air reservoir tightened all the fittings, and noticed the crumby petcock for the drain. I replaced this with a quarter turn ball valve, and made it a lot more accessable. Then I thought I'd check the brake fluid, now hold the phone. Whomever approved/designed the master cylinder location on this trailer, is related to, or maybe the same Guy that approved/designed the location for the 35A2. The only difference is you need a mirror to see the level and what your doing on the 105A2. If I ever saw a need for a remote M/C reservoir, this is it. I was just going to buy one kit, and install it in the Deuce, but now I'm buying 2. I'll take some photos when I install it on the trailer. I've got a little engineering to do. Anyone else overcome this engineering nightmare with another trick? Do tell.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just get the small bottle of fluid and use a clean pinkey finger to check the fluid level. Add fluid as necessary. All respect to other peoples ideas though.

Motorcar

If you don't have leaking wheel cylinders, why would you need a way to constantly keep it topped off? I'm just asking the question, not trying to offend anyone. If the brakes are properly serviced and there are no leaks, seems to be a bunch of effort to engineer something for a non-issue. Top it off, close it up and call it good.

steelandcanvas

I just get the small bottle of fluid and use a clean pinkey finger to check the fluid level. Add fluid as necessary. All respect to other peoples ideas though.
Great minds think alike, that is how I eventually checked it.

If you don't have leaking wheel cylinders, why would you need a way to constantly keep it topped off? I'm just asking the question, not trying to offend anyone. If the brakes are properly serviced and there are no leaks, seems to be a bunch of effort to engineer something for a non-issue. Top it off, close it up and call it good.
You have a good point. I don't have any leaks and the binders seem to be in very good shape, however due to my lack of dicipline, I did not check the M/C on the trailer everytime I used it. I thought the remote reservoir might get me to check the fluid level more often. You are correct though, no need to re-invent the wheel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks