• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Adding structural support for A-B pillars

rcamacho

I have an M998 that is now equipped with a Plan B hard top. I'm curious if there are relatively easy ways to add structural reinforcement to the A-B pillars along the roof line similar to the tie-in that exists in a turret support which ties A-B-C structures. Seems like it would be relatively easy to add structural members between the windshield frame and B pillar.

Additionally, do the hard top windshield brackets ( 2338833 5340-01-247-7812) offer any more structural support for the windshield frame?

nikojo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have similar question especially regarding the supports on the windshield.......seems like the OEM aluminum top is 'draped' over the A pillar windshield frame.

Action

I can't speak for extra strength, but 12338833 were used on the inside of the hardtop frames instead of the quick release pin and hinges. The roof stops the windshield from folding down, and 1 bracket is less than 4 pieces (not counting the cable). No reason to have a quick release pin on something that won't move. The hardtops also do not have the wiper contact surfaces between the body and w/s frame.

rcamacho

I saw an 1123 on Govplanet that had obviously been rolled. The entire A pillar structure folded rearward along with the B pillar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk