• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Adventures Of My New M1101 2010 Silver Eagle

FloridaAKM

Delinquent fees charges for when the Government owned the trailer, before you even purchased it off the auction? That makes no sense what so ever, unless they are looking for more tax revenue in every little corner. I'll find out what Florida does about this when I am able to take the trailer in for registration & tags!

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As a Noob to the whole military vehicle/trailer ownership thing, i got the SF-97. Went to a Tarrant County site for title and registration. They had seen these forms before, so it went well. The thing that gripes me is the breakdown in the fees. Delinquent registration fee, delinquent tax fee...Hello, i just got this trailer! The military owned it! I was hit for fees because it hadn't been registered in Texas since it was new. Really? Total was $157 out the door. It'll be much cheaper from now on but man, what a racket to scam some extra dough.
Somebody screwed you on that. I've registered multiple vehicles and trailers in TX and never had any "since new" BS. I've been hit once or twice for a late penalty by not registering it from the govt's transfer to me while waiting on a SF97 but that was like $20. I'd be calling someone in Austin at the DMV and getting the straight scoop and possibly filing a complaint with the AG about over charging.