• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

advice for Pickup from Sparta, WI

kaziboku

Won an m109a3 in Sparta, got the euc May 11 and have a carrier to transport vehicle to Crivitz, WI. Problem may be that the hauler may not be able to pick up the vehicle until the 23rd of May - or so. I think the ten day limit for xfer off base will be exceeded. Is there an inexpensive way to get the vehicle off base and held for a few days by a local hauler? Know anyone in Sparta that can do this?
I'm new to these trucks and after reading the posts, choose to not drive anything I don't know is safe so I'm considering the truck to be inop until I get it back to the farm.
Thanks,
mark

Call the site, Seth or Mike, they may be willing to let you store it there a few x-tra days. Both guys are great to work with and have helped out many of the members here.
If you need their numbers, shoot me a PM.
Congrats on your new ride.[thumbzup]

camp9

Is your trucker coming out of Minnesota? I have two trailers to get out of Little Falls. If so maybe we can put a load together for him.

Camp

kaziboku

Thanks a lot! I did get the phone numbers. The trucker is coming from the Crivitz area and offered to xport the duece for $350. I don't think I could get any better and really want to make this work.
I will call the GL guys for an extension if needed. (still working with the hauler's schedule).

Thanks again for the help -

mark

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There were some really nice M109A3's in that last auction, really clean looking setups. Congrats!

Just make sure you communicate with them and you'll be fine. It is when people can't make the timeline and don't bother to even call them and talk to them that things go bad.

kaziboku

Called Mike and found him to be Very helpful. Really addressed all my concerns. I am quite impressed and thankful for U guys who told me to call them up and ask questions.
Oh, and the hauler isn't a commercial transport outfit - more of a favor to me. (lucky me, I found out).
Thanks SS,
mark

camp9

tell him not to pull up to the main gate guard post until he gets his enterence papers first, which is the building just to the right of the guard post. He'll need to bring in his DL, registration and insurance for the truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks