• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Advice for someone looking to paint or get his truck painted

icentropy

Howdy all, I've got a H1, M101A3 and S250 shelter setup that i'm looking to get painted to match in either flat tan or desert camo. I'm trying to decide if i should try to paint everything myself or just try to find some local person that fixes up dueces or something to do it for me? What's a fair price for a military style paint job on this setup? I'm under the impression that those types of spray jobs have little to no masking and basically EVERYTHING gets sprayed right? What about for a camo job? I'm wondering if it'd cost more in supplies and paint for me to do it than just take it to a guy that probably could do it in way less time and has the paint in 5 gal buckets? I'm in Southern CA if that makes any difference.

Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

Prep work takes more time than the paint job, any way you go. The type of paint, is another question. CARC is something that your local body shop is not going to just have.
Read the forum for a while, you will find most of your answers. Your post does not give enough info for us to make this decision for you.
Good luck with your project.

KsM715

If you want it to look military issue, order either one, 383 green or 686 tan from rapco, mask off (half assed at best) any glass, reflectors, guages and so on, and spray away. Be sure to get some over spray on the tires and taillights and it will look like you just picked it up from GL :p

kennys@wi.rr.com

If you click on the link in my sig line you will see the post of my truck thatI just finished. If you decide to go with the 3 color woodland camo I have the steps I used listed. Best of luck with whatever you decide.

ryan77

Sherwin williams is the way to go supper easy to use, easy cleanup and looks good, ive done 4 blazers in it. Its a little pricey $75 a gal but worth it!!!!

ryan77

If you click on the link in my sig line you will see the post of my truck thatI just finished. If you decide to go with the 3 color woodland camo I have the steps I used listed. Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Good info paint job looks great!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks