• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Advice on buying a M1009.

cscmc1

Kerry-Ann -- I'd avoid that rusty truck like the plague. You'd want to tend to all that rust right away, and once you start the abatement process, invariably, you find about as much "invisible" rust as you see with the naked eye. NO FUN! If you don't treat it just right (i.e. cut it out or heavily brush it and POR-15 it, etc...), it WILL come back!

I'd watch craigslist and the for sale forums here and wait for a nicer one. Spend a few bucks more for one with documented history, or from a know honest seller here. That would be my preference. I found mine on Craigslist in Chicago. It's not perfect, but is essentially rust-free and runs like a top. I drove it 3 hours home w/o issue, and have been driving it for a month since w/o an issue yet; I'll need to touch up some paint, and try to knock out a couple of shallow dings in the body, but for $3100 I am very happy.

I know of another truck in southern IL for about $3k that also appears to be a nice, rust-free runner. They are out there for $3k and under. Wait for a good one; good luck!

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter

cscmc1

Here's one for $2k in Chicago. Looks a little rusty, though; might be worth a look if you're not too far away!

EDIT: sorry, can't link to CL. It looks like it might be a decent truck, though; point being, keep an eye out!

***** EDIT ***
Craigslist and Ebay links are not allowed unless they are your own

From the Forum Rules:

• Do NOT post links to current eBay auctions or Craig's List ads that are not your own. You may post a link to your own auction/ad only if it is in an information/discussion thread about you vehicle/item. Do not start a post in the Conversations forum or your vehicle specific forum just to announce your auction/ad.

Last edited: