• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Advice on getting a wheeled armored vehicle

Tascabe

As for dealing with T-K - I traded a vehicle plus $ for the BTR-40. Then this spring I bought that vehicle back from Larry.

Both times it was an easy transaction. Now in my case both vehicles were already stateside so I cannot say exactly how using them for importing would be - but dealing with Larry is easy and he is good with communication throughout the process.

Have bought vehicles from others - and it is not always that easy and sometimes communications can be an issue.

As mentioned - there are several folks on this forum with a lot of knowledge with importing yourself or through others - their advice/cautions are invaluable since there are so many gotchas with foreign vehicle importation.

ParaShootist

Tascabe,

Thank you for that info! Larry seemed very nice on the phone. Too bad that Mk2/3 listed on T-K is already gone - it looked pretty cool. I figure in any field there are good, trustworthy people really worth knowing - those folks deserve good public feedback. Thanks for your input.

I figure my best investment at this point is time in research and getting advice here on SS. I have appreciated the help and advice from the knowledgeable folks here.
"Invaluable" - that's just how I’d put it.